Intro

Hello, my name is Isaac Harvey and this my Media Studies Blog. I am a media student doing the AS level at Seven Kings High School. In this blog I shall be showing you how much Planning, Shooting, Editing and Feedback it takes to make a good Title Sequence of a film. Hope you enjoy and hope you learn something in the process.

My Evaluation!!

Thursday 2 February 2012

Soundtrack in more detail

After researching the conventions of a thriller I decided to look into more detail of sound.  From what I found out from before was that ‘sound is a very important convention in thriller openings as the different music themes produce a different mood and feel for the films’. So I had to make sure that I got the right type of music.

We didn’t want music such as this…

…because it’s too happy and jolly because of this it doesn’t fit the thriller genre.

Neither did we want the complete opposite such as…
(sorry if it's bad quality)

…this is because it’s really slow and calm doesn’t really give the right reaction, unless someone has just died then this song is great for reflecting but not what I’m looking for.

I was thinking that a slow piano would suit as it can be good for a build-up.  So I researched thriller type music.

Jaws 


A great piece of music for building up tension as it stats up slow and then starts to pick up the pace. So this is a good inspiration to use.

The Shining 


This piece doesn’t build up tension but it sounds very sinister, this will help us as we have a mad scientist.  

From these I have a better understanding of thriller music, now I shall use this on my own piece. 

This is what out final soundtrack sounded like.

No comments:

Post a Comment